Friday, July 25, 2008

What I Learned Today

I realized today that in any city in any part of the world you can find 'your neighborhood.' The neighborhood that you would probably be most comfortable in if you lived there. The one you would probably live in. I found that neighborhood in Stockholm today. You walk around it and you just feel like you could live there, make a home. I love the idea that a home is about the community not necessarily the place. You can feel at home at any place in the world if you have a good community, great people, a good place to live or at least sleep at night. I understand now that this stuff means so much more to me than location. Why I am so content in where I am now is because of the people I have. I do love the location too, but the people are what make it. Home is about the people not necessarily the surroundings.

2 comments:

Melinda Nunez said...

Awww, Erin! I like being your friend, too! :)

Jen said...

i especially like this post -- come home, Erin, come home!!!