Monday, July 21, 2008

Half Way Thoughts

I am at the 1/2 way point of my trip today and am reflecting a bit on my trip so far. It has been good...very good. I love staying with people that live here because I get to experience a bit more of Swedish culture than if I was staying at a hotel in downtown Stockholm. Went to a party last night and got to talk to some Swedish people which was interesting. After the glassworks I educated myself on the Swedish postal system at the Post Museum and learned Swedish history on the island of Skansen. The thing I am realizing is that traveling alone has its positives. You get to do whatever you want whenever you want. Yet I think that I have discovered that I enjoy traveling with others more. I'm glad I did this by myself. It is something I needed to do. Part of it was proving to myself that I don't need someone else to navigate a city for me. Yet you don't get to share the sights with someone else when you are alone. There is no one to titter at the funny little things you see with. My conclusion...travelling is better with someone you really like to be with.