Thursday, April 17, 2008

Old Verses, New Revelation

Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you. 

Anybody remember that good old song, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness...."  I sang it a million times as a child and yet this was the verse that hit me square between the eyes this week.  A friend mentioned it in passing and it just floored me.  It was as if I had never heard the verse before.  Friends, you have to hear what this verse is saying.  Jesus is saying that this whole Christianity is REALLY EASY.  Yes you heard it here first!!  All those expectations, rules, works, and other random religious doings ARE NOT REQUESTED BY JESUS.  He just says SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD and then he says if you do ALL THESE WILL BE ADDED.  Did you hear that HE WILL TAKE CARE OF THE REST.  Love it! Love it!

Going to Tennessee this weekend.  Stay tuned for an excellent picture of the excellent t-shirts I made for my friends.

No comments: