Monday, March 24, 2008

Re-Calibration

cal·i·brate
to plan or devise (something) carefully so as to have a precise use, application, appeal, etc.: a sales strategy calibrated to rich investors.

So I'm not sure that how I approach this word is exactly correct, but regardless it is the word that keeps popping in my hear over and over.  Whenever I go home I feel like I have to go through a re-calibrating when I return to Chicago.  Let me rephrase that.  It is more like I have to allow God to re-calibrate me because it actually has little to do with what I do.  When I return I have to hear all over from God that he has carefully planned and develop me for his highly specialized purpose.  Though this weekend had its rougher moments the great change was He was re-calibrating me as the weekend was happening.  It was almost as if becuase I didn't completely shut him out while I was shutting everything else out He was allowed to do a more permanent calibration.  See I talked him when I was there.  Usually I don't.  Usually I am so deep in survival mode I don't really talk to anyone including God.  The difference is I talk to God all throughout my day and that is a lot harder to shut off.  So I didn't and it helped.