Sunday, November 30, 2008

Action Comes Before the Feeling

At lunch today I was talking to a friend that is going through the same type of situation as I typed of in my last post. He was able to put words to what I had been feeling the last couple of days. When God gives us a command it's not about our feelings. Him allowing us to carry out a task for him is not really about whether we feel like it or not. Its about doing the task. Regardless of how I feel, I walk through this motion. This is what I experienced this week. I smiled, kept my comments to myself, did all the 'right' things on the outside while seething on the inside. Every piece of my will and heart wanted to scream at the injustice of it all. Tell the world of all the hurts I had suffered and am still incurring. Announce to the people what an innocent victim I am. Though I can go through the motions I can't change myself. That is God's part in this. Therefore all I can do is go through the motions. Yet I can do the motions with great faith, relying on the promise that God will do the restoration of my feelings and attitudes.

No comments: