Friday, May 16, 2008

Sweden...to go or not to go....

Feeling very frustrated.  I'm really wanting to go to Sweden in July, but having a very hard time finding reasonable airfare.  I guess I'm struggling more with knowing if I have release to go.  I know it sounds funny, but I kind of feel like God has 'grounded' me for the last 5ish years or so.  It has been kind of a, "Hey, why don't you stay in the country for a bit and get to know me.  Work some stuff out."  Every time I have tried to leave the country it just has felt so wrong which has been kind of tough, but OK.  I have this deep longing to travel and see the world, to even live other places.  I am starting to ache for it.  So the question I come back to is do I hold out for cheap airfare or splurge and go ahead?  But really the bigger pondering is will it be with God?  See I had kind of thought the next time I go overseas and every time after would be with God.  Ok not necessarily for missionary work, but with a feeling that it was time to go.  Then I say to myself, "Am I putting something on God that is not actually him?"  Revolutionary thought.  I'll go some place quiet and ask him.   Why does it always take me so long to come to this glaringly obvious conclusion?  Short term memory.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey friend... it's so encouraging to run alongside you! You are on the right track. Doors will open if it's of him and close if it's not. I'd be interested to hear more about this thought process... Update us all at SG on Wed.